So what else is facebook good for besides constantly distracting me from getting any work done? Well it’s where I came across this idea for my latest entry– it seems like a fun and quick way for you guys to get to know me (in all my shameless glory!) just like an old friend, only without having to have spent the past 10 years together through all my questionable hairstyle choices!
20 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT KAT
1. I’m a self-taught photographer who has grown accustomed to seeing all the special moments of my life occur from behind a lens.
2. In front of 60 of our closest friends and family 3 years ago, I married my awesome hubby Gurdeep after dating him for 7 years. I wept like a baby through the entire ceremony.
3. My laugh, at times, can be obscenely loud and from the gut…with the occasional snort sneaking out. And much like Elaine from Seinfeld, I’ll shove you or smack your arm when I think something is particularly hilarious (which is pretty often)
4. My baby daughter Aaliyah is the reason I breathe.
5. I’m a reality TV JUNKIE…and if there were a rehab for that, I wouldn’t go!!! Because how can something so wrong, feel SO right?
6. For a 28 year old, I have a lot of old lady tendencies- like knitting, scrapbooking, sewing, and brushing my teeth with Sensodyne… No wait, that last one’s my husband! haha- Sold him out!!!
8. I don’t drink alcohol. My tolerance is zero so even a sip of the stuff will send me on a trip down Vomit Lane. But, really,who needs a glass of wine to help you wind down before bed when you’ve got Tetris?
9. I have a brother and sister, as well as 3 fabulous sisters-in-law that I inherited after marrying my husband… let’s just say Christmases around our house are NEVER boring!
10. I think Carrie should’ve ended up with Aiden, not Big.
11. I’m a huge sap, and chances are I’ll cry during your ceremony while I’m shooting it… and when your dad sees you for the first time… oh, andwhen your sister breaks down during her speech…
12. I could live and die in Forever 21.
13. I’m painfully sensitive to smells. 99% of colognes and perfumes make me nauseous so if you’re wearing any, you can bet I’m breathing through my mouth while I’m with you (but don’t worry, it’s become a reflex!)
14. I love love LOVE cooking and eating. If I weren’t a photographer, I’d make it my life’s mission to become a judge on Top Chef! Move over Padma!
15. I’m so not a morning person, and instead, find all of my energy once the sun goes down (which is why many of you receive email responses from me at 1am)
16. I’m only 4’11” so you’ll never see me in anything without a heel! I’d walk around my own house in stilettos if it weren’t for the dings it’d leave in my hardwood…
17. I’m very sentimental and hang on to almost anything that’s got a memory attached to it. In the back of my closet there’s a ratty old box from my teenage years full of angst-ridden notes from Cheryl and faded ticket stubs to prove this!
18. My favorite part of being a photographer is knowing that I can freeze a moment in time forever… it’s not unlike a superhero power, really.
19. I looove people that are smart and funny (which might explain my awkward schoolgirl crush on Conan O’Brien) So if you can make me laugh- I want to be your friend. (but be warned, see #3)
20. I know I’m a work in progress in both my personal and professional life, and being better than I was yesterday is always what drives me.
…and yes, those are 3 inch platform heels behind that grass! 🙂